Hi! My name is Katrina and I live in the Greater Toronto Area with my husband and three kids.
I’m a health and fitness coach for Beachbody Canada and advocate of self-care. Life is busy, as you would expect it to be for someone like me, but after forgetting about myself, as so many parents tend to do, and not purposely, I’m learning to do better, which puts me in a better place to serve others. I love helping people achieve their health goals and would really like to make this a living. Currently my career has been based in various aspects of healthcare, but because of my desire to be in team settings and develop deeper connections with people, I felt coaching and mentoring has been my calling. I rely on my background, education, and experience to provide support to my clients.
I believe health is a total-being experience, not just about your body. There are so many aspects of health:
- Physical (which we tend to focus mostly on), including mental health
and like so many of us, I’m looking to improve all of them, for me and for others.
Through my blog and social media, I hope to share my story, share things happening in my world, and hopefully help people. Just. Like. You. or hey, YOU! Feel free to have a look around and contact me for more information. You can follow me more closely at my Instagram and Facebook accounts.
A few random facts about me:
- I’m a long-distance runner with several full marathons under my belt, as well as a few half marathons and various distance races. My favourite long distance to run is actually a half-marathon, but I love training for full ones, however grueling they are!
- I’m a cardio and HIIT junkie. I seek sweat! Funny story: there was a point in my life where my calves were bigger than my thighs!
- In addition to getting a good sweat, I bake to relax (I don’t do both at the same time, I promise) and have a small baking business. Check me out!
- I intentionally collect aprons, cake plates, interesting writing instruments, shoes, faith-based books and other pretty things
- I unintentionally collect (read: bad habits) makeup, skincare products, laundry, combs, cheap jewellery
- I’m the 5th of 6 amazing kids, and so lots of fun noise and big families have always been my happy place
- I’m a depression thriver and recurring anxiety survivor
- I’m an eternal optimist. I made that choice a LONG time ago.